Who we are
HCI Foundation is the corporate social investment arm of HCI, a black empowerment investment company that has its origins in the Southern African Clothing and Textile Workers’ Union. Our primary concern is the upliftment of all people in South Africa so that all may share in an improved quality of life. We provide grants to NGOs and bursaries to students in South Africa.
HCI Foundation is a registered public benefit organisation.
Our commitment to your privacy and the safeguarding of your information
We are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal and/or your organisational information.
Types of personal information we may collect and process
The types of personal information that we may collect and process depends on whether you visit our website for the sole purpose of accessing information, or with the intention of accessing our services by applying for a bursary or a grant.
Website functionality related information:
- We may automatically collect the following information to improve the accessibility and functionality of our website:
- the IP address; date and time; page accessed; operating system and platform; page response times; length of visits to particular pages and page interaction information amongst other technical details.
Bursary related information:
- We may collect the following information if you are applying for a bursary:
- Names and surname; ID Number; email address; date of birth; race; gender; disability status; telephone number; physical address; educational history and academic results; personal information of your parents/guardians (name and surname, telephone number, employment and financial details).
Grant related information:
- We may collect the following information if you are applying for a grant:
- organisation name; organisation type; NPO/NGO registration number; mission statement; organogram; telephone number; postal address; email address and website, as well as details of the programme/project including objectives, location, and financial information.
- Name and surname of board members.
- Personal information of the Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director (name and surname; telephone number and email address).
- Personal information of the Programme Manager (name and surname; telephone number and email address).
How we use your personal information:
- Your personal or organisational information will only be used for the following reasons, namely;
- For easy access to our website or to improve your experience when accessing our website or communicating with us
- To communicate with you
- To review and make a decision on your eligibility for a bursary or a grant
Sharing of personal information
We will not share your information to third party, unless it is:
- For the purpose of fulfilling our agreement with you,
- For the purpose of fulfilling our corporate social investment obligations within the HCI Group
- Required by the law
Storage and protection of information
Your personal information will be stored indefinitely subject to the terms of this policy.
The world has become smaller thanks to advances in internet technology. This allows us to store information on a secured server in Ireland. The use of an offshore server allows us to employ best practice to ensure the safety of your information.
Our security measures are in place to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, being altered or destroyed.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Data transmission over the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site: any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
A “cookie” is a small electronic file that collects information when someone visits a website.
Link to other website
You could be directed to other sites when using our website. We do not control these websites and are not responsible for their data or privacy practices. We urge you to review any privacy statement posted on any site you visit before using the site or providing any personal information about yourself and others.
We may change or modify this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 April 2021.
The use of the website following such changes or updates constitutes your acceptance of the revised policy.
The laws of South Africa will govern any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to your use of this website.
You have control over your personal information
Should you wish to correct, update, destroy or delete any of your personal information that we have processed in accordance with this policy and that you deem inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant, out of date, misleading or that we are no longer authorised to retain, please email email@example.com
If you have any questions in relation to this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org